York University researcher Ellen Bialystok and University of British Columbia researcher Janet Werker are making news at AAAS with their work on bilingualism and the brain. CNN was covering the story in it’s news this morning and the story has been popular here with American press. It’s another example of the great work being presented by Canadians here at AAAS.
- From National Geographic: To Stave Off Alzheimer’s, Learn a Language?
- From Fox news: Learning a Second Language Protects Against Alzheimer’s
- From the Financial Times: Bilingualism delays dementia, say experts
- From CBS: Alzheimer’s self-defense: Are two languages better than one
- From AFP: Being bilingual a good brain work-out, experts say